In this guide, we tell you what to do in Puerto Vallarta and we share with you the best selection of recommendations of key points, tours, excursions, sports, adventure, gastronomy, and hotels. Let’s go that here there is everything for everyone!
What to visit in Puerto Vallarta?
We know that Puerto Vallarta has the perfect formula for a perfect destination: beach, tropical jungle and a city that preserves its traditional village heart, that’s what makes this destination so special, so historical and exciting, so let’s get to know all these facets of Puerto Vallarta to know it completely and find the best things to do in Puerto Vallarta.
– Perhaps the most important place in downtown Puerto Vallarta. The ideal is to walk through it and take a look at the original sculptures of renowned Mexican and international artists.
– Follow and you will find Rafael Zamarripa’s little horse, which has become the emblem of the city.
– Taste the fruits, snacks, and sweets at the malecón stalls or inside the municipal market Río Cuale. If you feel very hot. Refresh yourself with fruit water, juices, coconut water or the typical tejuino.
The art galleries
– The downtown streets are shoppers’ paradise with dozens of souvenir shops, jewelry stores, boutiques, and art galleries.
– In the Galleria Dante and admire the original paintings, sculptures and decorative items displayed on its walls and its beautiful pool with fountains.
– Check out the Hotel Rosita, the first hotel in the city that has witnessed the evolution of Vallarta, its transition from a fishing village to the important Mexican vacation destination it is today.
– In La Marina, you can breathe a naval and glamorous atmosphere with brand-new yachts waiting for their next adventure.
– The romantic lighthouse completes this scenery worthy of a postcard. Enjoy the cafés, fridges, restaurants, and boutiques that await you in this area.
Colorful lodging with excellent location
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa is an excellent option if you are traveling with children, because when hiring an all-inclusive package for two adults, also two children under the age of twelve stays and eat as a courtesy.
The large pool with infinity edge will be the setting for your family photos and your children will be able to attend the kids club where they will have fun throughout the day.
The hotel also has five restaurants that, in addition to the traditional Mexican ones, include a Japanese one and a sports bar.
Things to do in Puerto Vallarta?
Let’s start with adventures, rides, and excursions to some of the experiences you’ll remember all your life.
– A great idea is to visit the Aquaventuras park where you can swim with dolphins or sea lions. The experience is completed with the shows and attractions offered by this park, including the funniest water slides in the region.
– Participate in the release of sea turtles that is organized on the beaches of many hotels or visiting the crocodile in the estuary El Salado.
Ecotourism and adventure
– Banderas Bay is an excellent place for surfing. The best thing is that there are options for beginners as well as experts. Come on! If you’ve ever imagined yourself dominating the waves, this is your chance.
– The neighboring beaches of Sayulita and San Francisco are spoiled by surfers from all over the world.
– There are natural sites with zip lines. Fly at full speed over the treetops and get the best view of the Sierra Madre jungle. In the same places, you will be able to do rappel and tours in all-terrain vehicles.
– We advise you to dedicate a day to take an excursion to nearby places like the beaches of Yelapa and Majahuitas, localities with beautiful beaches and jungle vegetation in which you live a bohemian and hippie atmosphere.
– The Marietas Islands became one of the favorite places of the famous French oceanographer Jacques Cousteau. This archipelago with tunnels and caves is an ideal exploration site for lovers of diving or snorkeling. The hidden beach or love beach that is hidden under a circular rock formation will leave you speechless.
– You can book one of these tours with your hotel concierge or directly with one of the agencies such as Vallarta Adventures.
The Tropicana Hotel has an unbeatable location: on the beach of the dead, a few meters from the boardwalk and the city center.
In this hotel with pleasant retro air, you will enjoy a private pool and beach, comfortable rooms, always clean and with friendly and warm service.
By choosing this hotel, your itinerary can be as flexible and varied as you want because you will be at the epicenter of Vallarta activity.
Where to eat in Puerto Vallarta?
One of our favorite parts: The excellent gastronomy of Puerto Vallarta, inspired by the delights of the sea and the world, taken to all kinds of levels of sophistication and flavor, which transform it today, into one of the most important gourmet destinations in the country.
Craving for seafood? To eat like a good Vallarta visit this place of Mexican seafood cuisine. In its menu, you will find an enormous variety of cocktails and ceviche toasts as well as its star dish: the Tinos shells stuffed with seafood and with doradito gratin cheese.
Café des Artistes
– The most coveted restaurant in Vallarta for more than 20 years. Located in an old house in the center of the city, it achieves a dreamy ambiance with its works of art and its illuminated garden. Chef Thierry Blouet is the pioneer of Puerto Vallarta’s gastronomic boom.
– His fusion French and Mexican cuisine has won multiple awards. Would you like to try a flute or snail tamale, the giant shrimp with baby squid marinated or a duck in a sauce of tamarind, guava and chile de árbol?
– Modern author’s kitchen. The place is an authentic installation of contemporary art. With furniture and decoration in absolute white. The concept is reminiscent of an old warehouse, with its very high shelves with containers and containers.
– Its chef, Alfonso Cadena, is a kitchen rockstar inspired by design and music for his creations. We recommend the pink risotto with beetroot emulsion, the exquisite duck La Leche duck and the so-called! Quiero mi tuna”, cubes of fresh tuna marinated in an explosion of flavors.
Partying in Puerto Vallarta
– In the Malecon is the meeting point for locals and tourists with the best party attitude, who are looking to have fun one night, have a few drinks and dance.
– The favorite places are Señor Frogs, La Bogeduita del Medio, and Club Mandala.